Discover the great Alps in Europe
Le Gite SAVOISIEN is more than a simple bed
and breakfast in the land of the Alps.
CHAVANOD (village of Corbier)
Bernard Bouvier, the gite manager, will help you to discover the most
interesting places and will organise your travel through our country.
The Mont-Blanc (4807 m) : it is the highest mountain in Europe,
dominating the valley of Chamonix (50 min from "the gite") Annecy and its lake :
one of the most fabulous places in Europe (10 min from "the gite") Geneva and
the Leman lake : everybody in the world knows the Geneva spring ! You can go there in only
30 min. Aix-les-bains, Chambery, the Bourget lake : they are the historical sites of
Savoie, at 40 min from "the gite". From Aix-les-bains, you take the boat and go
to the Savoyan Dukes necropolis in Hautecombe to travel in the past ! You can also go the
Saviere channel which links the Bourget lake to the Rhone. Albertvile and the Olympic city
: don't forget to visit the medieval town. Many others fantastic places : the salt mines
in Bex, the largest skiing areas in the world, the Vanoise national
So, don't hesitate anymore ! Come and stay in the Gite SAVOISIEN.
Coming to Savoie :
- From North America : flights every day to Geneva or Lyon.
- From Europe : flights to Geneva or Lyon. TGV trains from Paris to Annecy and Chambery,
Pendolino trains from Italy to Chambery or Geneva.
When coming with a car, Savoie is at the crossing of Paris-Geneva, Milano-Geneva,
Torino-Lyon and Geneva-Grenoble-Marseille motorways.
DISCOVER THE GITE SAVOISIEN!
- The "Gite Savoisien" is located in a small village of SAVOY,
named Corbier (CHAVANOD district), within a few minutes from Annecy and the lake (6-km).
Built at the beginning of the century, the "Corbier House" has been recently
restored and renamed "The Gite Savoisien" (1994). It is now a truly unique place
to stay. With Therese and Bernard, you'll discover the Savoisian way of life.
They will be happy to provide you with information about Savoy.
They will help you to organise your trip!
They will make you discover the food and specialities of Savoy.
There are many stores near the Gite:
Butcher's, baker, chocolate-maker, newsagent, bar, Tobacconist's, hairdresser.
- The bus from Annecy stops at 80 m from the Gite.
- Documentation: slip about organised trip, specialised books.
How to get here !
- The best way is to get out from the A 41 expressway, at exit "Annecy sud".
Then keep your right and go in direction of Chambery-Aix les Bains via National road
(green indicators RN 201). After about 1 km, you'll arrive at a junction with lights.
On your right there's RENAULT showroom. Turn on right and follow RUMILLY, CHAVANOD.
Now, it is easy, it is straight on 5 km. After the small stadium and a church on your
left, turn left. On your right you'll see the sawmill.
You are in Corbier. At the wood-cross, You turn on left, and You see the Gite at the
junction of the Champ de l'Ale road.
- RENT A BEDROOM...
- Bedrooms with individual shower, toilets, are available all the year for the night,
weekend or the week.
Each bedroom is furnished with a double bed, nightstand and dresser.
- OR A APARTMENT ?
- Gîte (accommodation) of 59 m² make-up 3 principal rooms, fit up at the ground floor of
the propriety house, an old farm savoisian entirely renovate.
- Apartment classified 3 stars with the prefectoral classification.
- Maximal available beds:
- 5 people
- Comfortable element:
- Kitchen: furnished with all it cooking utensils.
- Living room: colour TV, phone box, sofa.
- Room 1: 1 bed for 2 people, 1 bed for 1 person, water room 1 (shower, WC,
- Room 2: 1 bed for 2 people, water room 2 (shower, WC, wash-hand basin).
- All bed has 2 blankets and pillows.
- You have to come with your Tex cloth, but if you need you can rent it.
- Contact for the rent of apartment :